Though PCOS symptoms can be completely reversable through lifestyle modification, some people resort to Homeopathy, Ayurveda, and even Allopathy. Lets explore the different options below.
Homeopathy – Treatment through substances found at home.
Ayurveda – Treatment with botanical substances found in natural vegetation
Allopathy – Treatment with lab prepared solutions.
How homeopathic treatments cure PCOS
Homeopathy primarily focuses on plucking off the root causes of the ailment and aims to regularize ovulation and mitigate the impact of hormonal imbalance. Homeopathy is a tailormade solution, there are about 78 medicines to cure PCOS through homeopathy.
The disease is treated based on the symptoms, and thus it is highly subjective and re-evaluated every couple of weeks. Homeopathy makes sure to cure the problem without tempering with hormones and inhibits unnecessary side effects of allopathic medications
- Pulsattia is a medication administered to pubescent females who experience painful and delayed menstrual cycles.
- Sepia is the best remedy for breaking down pain and doing away with the syndrome.
- Lachesis Is one of the effective homeopathic medications which is given to patients with chronic pain.
- Graphites is ideal for PCOD accompanied by constipation and bowel irritability. Often given to obese patients, it completely relieves the pain in stomach.
How Ayurveda can cure PCOS.
There are certain prerequisite before ayurvedic treatments can work on your body they are listed as follows:
- Reduce the cholesterol and triglyceride intake(in other words cleansing your lipid profile can lift off the excess peripheral fat onto your ovarian region) thereby restoring healthy menstrual cycles.
- Be physically active because exercise helps lower blood sugar levels and stabilize your glucose metabolism.
- Be regular with screening examinations aimed at testing for glucose tolerance, lipid profile, blood pressure and sleep apnea.
Sample treatment plan of action:
Day 1 to day 15
In the initial stage patients are administered:
- Triphala kwacha [30ml].
- 5gms of manibhadra powder.
These are administered for the elimination of toxins and general purification of the body.
Day 15 to 4th month
In Stage 2 patients are treated with:
- Shatavari [asparagus]
- Shatapushpa [peucedanum graveloens]
- Guduchi [tinospora cordifolia with Krishna jeeraka]
Twice a day in the morning and evening. Treatment is aimed at improving follicular maturity, immune responses, stabilize hormonal influence and menstrual irregularity
4th month to 6th month
In stage 3 patients are treated with:
- 5 grams of atibala powder
- 4 pills of rasayana kalpa [a concoction of ancient botanicals as recommended by ayurvedic experts]
This is the last stage of the treatment plan and aimed towards removal of unwanted follicles and avoid miscarriage.
How allopathic medication can restore a healthy functioning reproductive tract.
A combination of pills contain estrogen and progestin can restore androgenic hormones to healthy levels by taking them for 10 to 14 days every month can cure excessive bleeding, endometrial cancer [cancer of uterine lining] and abnormal cycles.
Metfoemin, Glucophage and fortamet are medications that help regulate the insulin levels and control their spike whilst accelerating you towards wellness. These medications are significant as abnormalities in insulin secretion directly affect the release of reproductive hormones.
An amalgamation of gonadotrophins and birth control pills can help you with the symptoms and can control your Thyroid Stimulating Hormone levels.
However, one of the downsides of allopathic treatment is that it doesn’t address and aim to correct the root causes. Resultant in probable reoccurrence of the disease with aggravated symptoms is common in many patients. For list of lifestyle changes you can do to manage your PCOS better checkout PCOS/PCOD Plan for weight loss.